IF YOU ARE OVER 65, HAVE A COMPROMISED IMMUNE SYSTEM, HEART CONDITIONS, DIABETES; WE STRONGLY URGE YOU TO CONTINUE TO WORSHIP FROM HOME.
Should you have concerns about your own personal safety, please continue to worship from home. This is a personal decision. We will not judge you if you wait until later to return. You must not only be safe, you have to feel safe.
We ask that you observe the following guidelines:
- Face masks will be required at all services until further notice. This is not optional.
- Observe social distancing (6 feet between family groups) entering, exiting and during services.
- Families are asked to sit together.
- No handshaking, hugs, etc. please be considerate of other people’s personal space. While you might be comfortable with such actions, others may not. We do not want to offend others by our actions.
- Pick up your individual communion cups as you enter along with a plastic bag to put communion cups in after use for disposal as you exit. If you desire to bring your own communion supplies for your family, please feel free to do so.
- Contribution boxes will be available as you enter and exit. We still encourage the use of online giving, mail, or by dropping your contribution off in the drop box.
- There should be no gathering in the foyer or other areas to fellowship at this time.
If you have any of the following, for your safety and the safety of others, please worship from home.
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Have you had new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
Instructions for the 8AM service:
This service will be in the FLC. The only entrance and exit will be the two double doors at the rear of the foyer. Please park at the rear of the building. Access to other areas of the building will be restricted. Pick up your combo communion cups and a plastic bag as you enter. The bag is for placing the used cups in a sealed container for disposal as you exit the building, or bring your own communion supplies from home. At that time you may place your contribution in the box on the table in the foyer. Please sit as a family. Allow six feet between family units, side by side and front to back. Instructions will be given at the end of services for exiting and maintaining our social distance. Ministers and Elders will be available after services or at any time when needed for prayer, counsel, baptisms or service.
Instructions for the 10 AM service, (this will change once Bible classes begin again):
This service will be in the auditorium. The only entrance/exit points will be the east and west entrances to the auditorium only. Please park on either side of the auditorium. Access to other areas of the building will be restricted. Pick up you combo communion cups and a plastic bag as you enter. The bag is for placing the used cups in a sealed container for disposal as you exit the building, or bring your own communion supplies from home. At that time you may place your contribution in the box on the table in the foyers. We encourage all to forgo your “usual seat” and sit toward the front of the auditorium while exercising social distancing guideline of six feet both side to side and front to back. This will help to facilitate the song service. Please sit as a family unit. Instructions will be given at the end of services for exiting and maintaining our social distance. Ministers and Elders will be available after services or at any time when needed for prayer, counsel, baptisms or service.
While we all desire to return to the way it used to be, we must face the reality that it will take time to return to our version of normal. Please continue to pray for your elders, ministers, and members. Reach out to shut in’s, elderly, widows and widowers. Many are doing for others during these difficult times. We thank God for you and for your love of the church and the care of the members.
Please contact the elders, ministers, or office staff if you have needs or know of others who might need assistance. We want you to know that we are still available, just a phone call away.
Our prayer is that each would remain healthy both in body and in spirit. Take advantage of the Take 5 series that Matthew puts out as well as the Wednesday evening devotions. Encourage your friends and neighbors to join in our online venues. We are reaching many people all across the country with our broadcasts. God is Good!
Again, thank you for your continued support and using the online media via Facebook/You Tube and the phone service. We want to encourage you to stay safe. Continue to participate in this manner if you feel that it is best for you and your family. We certainly understand your concerns. Our concerns throughout the discussion of opening up our assembly centered on how to do it safely, within the confines of your individual comfort zone. It is not an easy decision for many individuals; we struggled with when and how to proceed, so we understand. We encourage all to refrain from judgement for any who choose to wait a little longer before returning to worship in the building. It is a personal decision. Also, if you chose to wait, please do not judge those who come to the building.
We will be thoroughly cleaning and sanitizing the building each week between services. Therefore there will be limited access to the FLC and auditorium to reduce the amount of sterilization needed. We are committed to maintain as clean and safe environment for our members to come and worship in person as they choose.
We pray that the current situation will pass and we will not be under restrictive guidelines.
In His Service,
Elders at Goodman Oaks